Free School Meals
Please click here to see if you are eligible for Free School Meals. Please claim if you are eligible since the school receives extra funding to better support your child.
Pupil Premium Statement
The Judd School allocates Pupil Premium to the individual students for whom it was intended; through consultation with parents we identify areas where the funding can assist both academic and pastoral activities which enhance their school experience.
Typical types of provision are:
- Tutoring – One to One and revision courses
- Books and publications
- School trips – Day and residential
- IT Equipment
- Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- Assistance with travel
We have received 3 levels of funding:
- Standard £935pa
- Looked after children (LAC’s) between £1400 - £1900pa
- Service children (where a parent is enrolled in the armed forces) £300pa
|2014/15||£14,055||14 students (inc 1 LAC)|
|2015/16||£17,190||17 students (inc 2 LAC and 1 service charge)|
|2016/17||£17,595||19 students (inc 1 LAC and 1 service charge)|
|2017/18||£15,725||17 students (inc 1 LAC and 1 service charge)|
The Judd School 16 – 19 School Bursary Scheme – Academic Year 2018-19
Please follow the links for full details of The Judd School Bursary scheme in the form of a policy/procedure guide and application form. Alternatively if you are unable to access this for any reason you can request copies from Reception or the Sixth Form office.
If your son/daughter is already in receipt of the School Bursary for the academic year 2017-18 they will need to re-apply for this academic year.
The School Bursary Scheme (SBS) application process involves completion of the form and supply of supporting documents, as follows:-
- Copy of student’s passport; both front cover and the photo ID page. (Current Year 12 students who received a bursary from The Judd School this academic year need only provide this if a new passport has been issued)
- Copy of parent/guardian’s benefit reward notice or proof of income, if self-employed (Please ensure these are for the current tax year April 2018 - March 2019)
- Support for the costs which you wish us to assist in funding, other than the school meal request. This can be in the form of an internet page confirming price, receipts or quotations received.
- Please ensure you have checked with the relevant teacher regarding the requirements for subject specific books and equipment.
- Please note the SBS payments must be made to the student’s own bank account and therefore if they do not have one please ensure one is opened during the holidays to facilitate this. We ask on the application form for details of this account.
All applications need to be returned, with supporting documents, to Clare Morey – marked “School Bursary Scheme – Confidential” by Friday 7th September 2018. However, please do not wait to forward your form if you have everything to hand as we will be processing them during the summer holidays. If you have any queries please contact me on 01732 373553 or at email@example.com.
Historically bEtween 25-30% of the amounts applied for get funded by this government provided bursary.
School Business Manager
The Lawrence Atwell Y7-Y13
The Judd School has been successful in securing a fund for the explicit support of students who are not able to afford the full cost of their education whilst attending the school. The fund has been granted from the Lawrence Atwell Charity which is run by The Worshipful Company of Skinners, of which The Judd School forms a part. Although the fund is not huge it is there to support families who may not be able to fund the whole cost of educating their son or daughter. The fund will cover costs such as educational visits, uniforms (both school and sporting), university visits, school equipment, school lunches and any other reasonable school expense.
If you think you may be eligible to apply please do so in confidence to the School Business Manager via e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to her at the school.
Please click here for the application form which we ask to be completed. This identifies what expense you wish to apply for and the information requested to satisfy the earning limits.
If you are uncertain if you are eligible to apply and would like some advice please contact Mrs Morey or Mrs Moore in the finance department.
Unfortunately, due to a reduction in our funding we are no longer in a position to support claims through this fund for transport to and from school.