The aims and objectives of this qualification are to enable students to:
• develop an interest in and enthusiasm for the subject
• appreciate the contribution of economics to the understanding of the wider economic and social environment
• develop an understanding of a range of concepts and an ability to use those concepts in a variety of different contexts
• use an enquiring, critical and thoughtful approach to the study of economics and develop an ability to think as an economist
• understand that economic behaviour can be studied from a range of perspectives
• develop analytical and quantitative skills, together with qualities and attitudes which will equip them for the challenges, opportunities and responsibilities of adult and working life.
Information on how Economics is taught in Key Stage 5 can be found below: